After a whirlwind season of 13 races it’s finally time to announce our overall champions for the 2013 ECCC Cyclocross series!
1) Peter Hagerty (RIT) – D2 Champion, front row call up at nationals
2) Andrew Lysaght (MIT)
3) Patrick Bradley (Rutgers) – D1 Champion, front row call up at nationals
1) Jordan Dube (Northeastern) – D1 Champion, front row call up at nationals
2) Christina Birch (MIT) – D2 Champion, front row call up at nationals, wins tie breaker for 2nd overall after winning conference championship event
3) Jess Kutz (Penn State)
1) Rochester Institute of Technology – D2 Champions
2) Massachusetts Institute of Technology
3) Yale University – Ivy League Champions
4) United States Military Academy
5) University of Vermont – D1 champions
Thanks to all that showed up this season!
Final standings have been posted here: http://collegiatecycling.org/eccc/wiki/index.php?n=Calendar.Current
We will be releasing the list of eligible riders for nationals shortly.
If there are any questions, comments or concerns please reach out to myself or Tim
Steven & Tim
ECCC Cyclocross Coordination Team
RIT takes the team overall for the second year in a row, MIT takes second and Yale takes third!
We will be doing a lightning fast awards ceremony after the Men’s Elite Race tomorrow at Regional Championships, based on last year, it’ll be around 20 minutes.
Podiums will be for:
Mens C Overall
Mens B Overall
Mens A Overall
Womens B Overall
Womens A Overall
Mens C Race
Mens B Race
Mens A Race
Womens B Race
Womens A Race
Be sure to stick around!
Also, you can still register day-of for any category for a last chance nationals qualifier!
-Steven & Tim
ECCC Cyclocross team
Just a friendly reminder that we have a scant 3 days of Cyclocross left this year. These will be your last chances to improve your team’s stature in the overall standings as well as qualify for nationals in Madison this January.
December 8-9: Supercross Cup 2012 East Meadow, NY https://www.bikereg.com/Net/17443
December 16: New England Regional Championships – ECCC Championship Fitchburg, MA https://www.bikereg.com/Net/17544
Also a friendly reminder that with nationals approaching the qualfication requirements are as follows:
1) You must have competed in at least 1 ECCC race A or B race under your collegiate team name, wearing your collegiate team kit
2) You must be at least a category 3 racer or Collegiate Cyclocross A racer
3) You must be a full time student with good standing with your college/university and get approval from the registrar
4) Your collegiate team must be registered with USACycling for 2013
Details about Nationals qualification can be found here: http://usacycling.org/news/user/story.php?id=6574
Steven & Tim
ECCC Cyclocross Team